Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Christ the Rock

"Round and around and around we go, where it's gonna stop, nobody knows" are the lyrics of the song, "Ball of Confusion." We are on a course of global spin out and no man can stop it. The mention of the  name ISIS or ISIL strikes fear in the hearts of man.  Jesus said, "let not your hearts be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
Fear not, for I am with you, declares Jesus.    It has been prophesied by John, Daniel, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and others that these things must come to pass.   We have witnessed total moral break down, plagues, wars, family break downs, religious confusion, unprecedented weather changes, meteor strikes, blood and super moons and everything in between.  In all this, people are still defying the God of the Universe.

Everything has changed except God.  He declareas from His throne, "I am God and I change not."  In light of all the changes around us, God beckons us to be still and know that He is God and that He remains the same.

Be still, my soul; be still and firmly stand on the Rock that cannot be broken or shaken.  Be still, I say again as the angels of the Lord go before us and war in the heavenlies on our behalf.  I stand, firmly fixed on the Rock who is Higher than I.  I stand and I see that there is a shadow all around me.  I know in the depths of  my heart that there can be no shadow unless there be an Image near me.  Praise God, that Image is the Lord my God, who has promised to draw me closer to Him. 

There is no fear or worry in this place with God, for My Beloved has drawn me into Him and I find myself in holy ecstasy, drinking deeply from His fountain of love.  I delight myself in the revelation that I am being filled up with more of Him to love deeper and to do Last Day exploits.  .

We know that the nations will eventually beat their weapons into plowshares and the lion, child and lamb will lie down together in peace and man will learn war no more.  The time is coming after all the drama of wrath is over, that the glory of the Lord will cover the earth as the waters cover the seas. 

Be not dismayed, be not dismayed; be not afraid!  We will be caught up and meet Jesus Christ In the sky.  Work until He calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment