Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sweet and Tender Kisses

I am the daughter of a mom who is suffering from Alzheimer disease and I can tell you that it has been quite a roller coaster ride.  She often introduce me to people as her mother and I feel like I'm her mom.  I am responsible for all her needs and she look for me as a child searchers for it's mom.

Today took a different turn as I approached her.  She asked me what was wrong with me and I told her that I had a terrible headache.  She immediately went into "mother mode" and began to kiss my forehead with sweet kisses.  She had not done this since I was a little girl.  It felt so tender, feeling my mama's soft lips kiss my forehead over and over.  In her mind, I had returned to her little girl and she felt the need to comfort me in my pain.  I was truly broken and tried to hide my tears.  This wonderful moment didn't last very long before she returned to her "normal" self.  Even as I write this, I can feel the love and gentleness of my precious mother's face touching mine.

I don't think that I will ever forget that moment.  She immediately forgot and thank me for kissing her.  That was a sweet moment in time, just for me that God gave to me...a precious memory.  God is so wonderful.

Cherish your moments with those you love.  Stop majoring in the minors.  When all is said and done, the minor stuff won't even come to your mind unless you are a petty person.

We are in the last days, saints.  Cherish your moments with those you love.  We can all get spiritually deep, but take the time to be simple enough to love.

Count your blessings...one by one and give God the praise that is due to Him.  Enjoy love moments with friends and family.  Your job, ministry, school or material things are fine, but remember, God has given us people to love and to be loved back.  Don't waste anymore time on relationships that's leading to nowhere; celebrate those who celebrate you.

Our families and friendships are living by electronics.  We have friends we have never met on social network and the friends among us we often forget.  Get balance in your life.  If you have friends and family in your life that you love, then tell them  

I am afraid that the current young generation may not know how to nurture real relationships or to discern toxic relationships.  We may have to teach our youth social skills; how to treat real people and cultivate lasting friendships.
They will need to be taught to love people and use things, instead of loving things and using people.

My purpose for writing this is to gently remind you to mind your relationships.  Love people deeply and freely. Don't be afraid of getting hurt by love ones.  You'll only bless them in the process and show  them the love of God, even if they don't recognize true love, you'll be blessed.

I am richer with the memory of my mother kissing me and believe it or not, my headache immediately disappeared.  There's nothing like the power of love. 
To God be the glory.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right. We can get so involved with the process that we forget the people that we are in the process with....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is that!!! God is so awesome. Beautiful story

    ReplyDelete