Monday, June 9, 2014

Passing the Buck

Every parent I have spoken to have called their kids to do what they didn't want to do.  It's almost like a rites of passage, letting us know that we have truly arrived.  I watched each of my adult children relish in the fact that they could tell someone else  what to do and watch them do it.

I even heard one of my grand daughters say that she can't wait until she grows up and can tell other people what to do.

Telling others what to do is fine as long as we are willing to do the same.  If we demand service from others, but are not willing to serve ourselves, we may be stepping dangerously close to the definition of a hypocrite. The hypocrite demands others to,  "do as I say and not as I do."

Parents and grand parents, our children are watching us and know this, that we are teaching greater lessons by our examples, even more so than by our words. 

Whether you are parents, leaders in the Church, leaders in businesses or in the secular realm, teach by example   Teach with love and be willing to serve others, no matter how important you think you are.

It's ok to desire to be served, but it is far greater to serve others.

No comments:

Post a Comment